Trouble with Gmail Login in Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: How To: Install the Firefox extension.

Comments

• robmohio1
    robmohio1
    Community Member

I am having the same problem with Firefox 19.0.2. 1Password is no longer working properly. 1Password does **not **fill in the UserID and Password when you try and login to Gmail. Yesterday I removed the 1Password extension and then reinstalled it from 1Password. This worked temporarily and now today 1Password is back to the same problem as it will not populate the sign-in credentials when I try to log in to Gmail using Firefox.

Something is clearly not working correctly. I am however able to use 1Password successfully with Chrome and Safari browsers.

Can someone from Agile Bits help with this issue?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. I am not able to reproduce any trouble with Google Accounts Logins in any of my testing in Firefox 19.0.2 with version 3.9.10 of the 1Password extension. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.