Firefox Extension Stuck in Count-Up

I have 1Password 3.8.2 installed on my Mac (OS X 10.7.5), and I am running Firefox 19.0.2. The problem I'm experiencing is that the 1Password Firefox extension cannot connect when I put in my master password. Instead, the count-up just keeps going and going and going. I have my 1Password file synced across Dropbox, and I haven't had any problems using the Firefox extension on my PC at work. What can be the problem here? Thank you.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Does the 1Password extension work fine in Safari and Chrome?

If so, let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

Please let me know how it goes.

• thenightrider
    thenightrider
    Community Member
    edited April 2013

Hi, I've had the same situation since 12 March 2012, slightly over a year. I've tried everything I could find since then, and finally gave up using Firefox for any 1PW logins. I revisited the situation and I just tried this. It didn't work.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Firefox just updated itself to 20.0. Then I followed your procedure and installed the latest browser extension (3.9.12). The latest browser extension works fine in Chrome and Safari (3.9.12.99 in Chrome 26.0.1410.43, 3.9.12 in Safari 5.1.8).

Oh, yeah, I'm running 1Password for Mac 3.8.20 (build 31499).

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you didn't contact us sooner so we could have resolved this for you a very, very long time ago. I'm happy to help now, though. :)

1. Is the 1Password extension working well in Safari and Chrome?
    2. Do you have a proxy server configured in OS X?
    3. Do you have a proxy server configured in Firefox?

Please email us a Diagnostics Report along with the answers to those questions (and a link to this discussion).

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.