Use 1PW IOS with Bank IOS App? IOS Users Guide?

Options
PWChinook
PWChinook
Community Member

I'm just starting to migrate my PWs into 1PW and learning more about it. I have the Mac version and the IOS version synced with Dropbox. So far, so good.

Two questions:

1. I can use 1PW on my IPod/iPad to login to my BOA account using the same steps as using the Mac version. But this site is obviously not designed for the small screen and the Bank of America App is much better on IOS devices. How can I use 1PW to into login information to the BOA App?

2. Is there a tutorial on how to surf the web whilst inside 1PW for IOS? I see the little globe at the bottom left and it takes me to the last web site I used but I can't see any way to navigate to other sites.

Regards

PS. The user information and tutorials for the Mac version seem to be more extensive than those for the IOS version... at least from what I've been able to find. Why not put a link on your website to Users Manuals / Tutorials?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Why not put a link on your website to Users Manuals / Tutorials?

Click the support link at the top of any page on AgileBits.com. Links to the User Guides are on that page. Here they are for your convenience. :)

1Password for Mac User Guide

1Password for iOS User Guide

I can use 1PW on my IPod/iPad to login to my BOA account using the same steps as using the Mac version. But this site is obviously not designed for the small screen and the Bank of America App is much better on IOS devices. How can I use 1PW to into login information to the BOA App?

Apple doesn't allow any iOS apps to integrate with any other iOS apps. Each app is sandboxed so it only has access to its own data. For this reason it is not possible to 1Password for iOS to automatically fill passwords in other iOS apps. 1Password for iOS contains a built-in browser for filling passwords directly on websites, but if you want to log in to another app you will need to copy and paste your password.

1Password makes this easy with the Action Bar. Just swipe across the Login item and tap the clipboard icon to copy the Login item's password to the clipboard.

Then the password will automatically be cleared from your clipboard after an amount of time that you specify in 1Password's settings. The default is 90 seconds.

Is there a tutorial on how to surf the web whilst inside 1PW for IOS? I see the little globe at the bottom left and it takes me to the last web site I used but I can't see any way to navigate to other sites.

The User Guide explains exactly how Web Mode works, but the address bar should be right at the top.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.