1P stopped working with IE

Hi, I had 1PW working on my work laptop (XP IE 8) and now it stopped and will not auto fill any passwords. (I can still launch it and manually copy. I can also auto-fill in firefox). In IE I can't see the 1PW extension when I right click the commands bar. Any ideas what I could check? IE is definitely checked in preferences. Thanks.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

When you go into your Internet Settings (available from the Windows Control Panel), and then click on the Advanced tab, there's a setting that reads "enable third-party browser extensions". Please make sure this setting is turned on.

Alternatively, you can reset all of Internet Explorer's settings from this tab (this usually solves a lot of problems).

Last but not least, please make sure you're running the 32-bit version of IE (not the 64-bit version of IE).

• Suli
    Suli
    Community Member

I am using IE 9 and have "enable third-party browser extensions" checked. Firefox is working fine. in IE i do not see a 1Pass icon. i click ctl + \ and it brings up a 1Password window saying there are "no logins saved for this site," even to login into your site. how do I upload an image to this forum?

i believe i'm using IE 9 32 bit, how do i confirm this?

• Suli
    Suli
    Community Member

i was able to add the 1Password icon to the toolbar, which according to your documentation means i am using 32 bit IE, but it brings up the same 1Password window as ctl + : "there are "no logins saved for this site." how do i get 1Passowrd to work for IE 9?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

When you press Ctrl+\ (or click the 1Password button), what web site are you on? Are you sure you have a 1Password login item for this domain? If not, then it makes sense 1Password tells you there are "no logins saved for this site". Please note you can always click on the "go and fill login" button regardless of what web site you are on.

• Suli
    Suli
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your reply. i did not receive a notification of your reply so i am only seeing it now. i do have notifications enabled in my profile.

1password just updated and it appears to be working. i'll post again if i have problems.

thx

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well. :)

To receive notifications, you need to "bookmark" the thread (by clicking the star at the top right of the page next to the "gear" icon).

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• jrice
    jrice
    Community Member

Hi Steffan. I have confirmed that 3rd party is checked and I have reset the options - no luv. When I right click on the task bar > customize > add or remove I do not have the 1P available in either column. Thanks for your help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Can you confirm for me that you are running the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer and NOT the 64-bit version?

This discussion has been closed.