Direct login page for this forum

Options
gengakusha
gengakusha
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am sure I must be missing something but after lots of trial and error and reading other posts I cannot find how to get to a one step login process for some websites which I would have thought should allow it.

For example ... this website.
If I come to the site, manually open the sign in dialog by clicking on "sign in", then click on the 1Password icon and use fill and submit I can sign in. But try as I might, I haven't been able to get it to open the page and sign in with a single click as I do on most sites.

Is this sort of sign in not supported or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Version 3.8.20 (build 31499) on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Safari Version 5.1.8 (6534.58.2) with add-on version 3.9.13b4

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Change the URL in your Login for this forum to:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin

Then you can just visit that page and press ⌘\ on your keyboard to log in. Or, while you are viewing a different domain, select the Login for this forum from bottom section in the extension (under the "Open Login in…" header). You can also double-click the Login item in the main 1Password application to perform the same "Go & Fill" action that selecting the Login from the "Open Login in…" section performs.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• gengakusha
    gengakusha
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That does it.

I had searched the extra div which is created when you click the "sign in" button for the URL but hadn't looked deeply enough into the code for the button itself. Now you've given me the URL I've found it in the code ;)

As for opening it, I suppose that is just personal choice and habit. I used to bookmark pages, open them and then use ⌘\ or open it from the main 1Password application but there was a time when that functionality broke for a time (because of a new version of Safari) so I changed the way I did things and now I'm in the habit of using the browser extension and shortening the list of logins which appear by typing a few letters.

Other than the frustration of Flash logins that gives me quick and easy access to all my single step logins within Safari.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well.

…I'm in the habit of using the browser extension and shortening the list of logins which appear by typing a few letters.

Me too. :)

1. ⌥⌘\
    2. [type first few letters of the Login]
    3. Return

It's a beautiful thing.

You can also use 1Click Bookmarks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

...I never heard of using option-command-\, not just command-. That completely solves the issue where 1Password refused to pop up for me.

There are more where that came from too. :D

Keyboard Shortcuts for Power Users

What are the situations where CMD-\ won't work?

Good question. Perhaps let me know in a new thread the URL where you are experiencing some trouble.

Nor had I ever heard of 1Click Bookmarks! Arg! I thought I was proficient at this by now.

I've been working here for years, and I still learn new tricks.

This discussion has been closed.