General questions iMac and iPad

doctormo
doctormo
Community Member

I have been using 1P on my work and home iMacs as well as an iPad for about a month now. Everything works well and I am pleased and feel more secure. However, there are a couple of items that I am not sure about as I am not sure what the capabilities are or should be.

1) Safari and Firefox go to most websitea and automatically open them up with the exception of the two step process for one of my bank accounts and mutual fund. However, the iPad goes to the same site and fills in the data but does go further and I have to press enter. Is this the intended procedure with the iPad or did I miss something.

2) Is there a way to automatically log on to the agilebits forum? It seems to be a three step process, 1-click to go there, 2-click on the Sign In tab, reclick on the agilebits to enter the name and password then enter. Again, did I miss something? The Consumer Reports site has a drop menu to login but it seems to work for me with a normal log in procedure.

3) Are there any secrets to getting the Apple site to work? I have fooled with it a little with little luck so far. I do not use it much (iTunes is a different story) but would like to automate if possible although I do not use a super complicated password since I have to enter it numerous times for Apple TV, iTunes, App store etc.

Craig

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

HI Craig,

I'm glad everything is working well. I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

1. Autosubmit is not yet available on iOS. I'll pass your vote for it along to the developers, though. :)
    2. Edit the URL in your Login item for this forum to the direct login page (rather than the main page): http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin
    3. Not sure what you mean. What is the exact URL of the login page where you are having trouble. I don't know of any issues related to any Apple login page (e.g. iCloud, Apple ID, etc.).

I hope that helps, and let me know about the URL for number three.

Thanks!

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

Thanks Khad,

I think my issue with Apple was getting to the right location to log in to each place. I went back and found the correct pages and it works fine.

Apple is a little odd in that the Apple store account and iCloud for example are both under Apple so you can not switch from one to the other directly with 1P. Same with forums. Seems that I have to get out of Apple to auto login to one of the other places. Again. maybe I missed something here but still learning.

Craig

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I think my issue with Apple was getting to the right location to log in to each place. I went back and found the correct pages and it works fine.

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Apple is a little odd in that the Apple store account and iCloud for example are both under Apple so you can not switch from one to the other directly with 1P. Same with forums. Seems that I have to get out of Apple to auto login to one of the other places. Again. maybe I missed something here but still learning.

Ah. I think I see part of the issue. Login items in the bottom section of the extension popup ("Open Login in…") are available for Go & Fill which means that 1Password will first open the URL before filling and submitting the Login. Login items which pertain to the domain you are currently viewing are not available for Go & Fill since you are already on the domain. They are listed in the top section ("Fill and Submit Login") of the extension popup and are available for filling on the page you are currently viewing.

At least, I think that is what you are describing. Let me know if that helps or if you have other questions. :)

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

You understand Apple correctly. It is not a big deal but could possibly be solved my having the login listed both at the top and bottom of the extension list so one would have the option to Go & Fill when they wanted to jump another section within the domain.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll pass your vote for this along to the developers. Thank you for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.