1PasswordAnywhere not working when accessed via the local file system

NewOnWin
NewOnWin
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,
i was using 1Pwd in the future on Mac environment. During that time i was able to copy the 1Pwd.Agilekeychain folder to my Windows PC and access all my passwords using Firefox.
A few months ago i decided to move from Mac to Windows and bought 1Pwd for Windows. I store the datafiles on Dropbox.
But since then i am no longer able to access the data via Firefox from my PC at work where 1Pwd is not installed. Even if i copy the folder from Dropbox to a local folder on my work PC it will not work.
I will get this error:
Problem loading 1Password data file
A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.

I followed all instructions on this error message. The only thing i see is that my folder on Dropbox is named "1PwdAgilekeychain" (instead of 1PasswordAgilekeychain). But as i copy the files to a local drive this should not be a problem?
The problem still occurs if i rename the Folder on the local drive to 1PasswordAgilekeychain.

Is there anybody who uses 1Pwd only on Windows and where 1PwdAnywhere works?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Browsers restrict loading files locally from the file system. Try accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox web interface in your browser as outlined in the User Guide:

1. Log into the Dropbox website: https://dropbox.com
    2. Open the 1Password.html file inside 1Password.agilekeychain.
    3. Enter your master password to unlock 1PasswordAnywhere

Does that work?

There are workaround for the local file restrictions in Safari and Chrome, but I don't know of a workaround offhand for Firefox. Accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website should work in all modern browsers, though.

This discussion has been closed.