Firefox keyboard shortcut does not direct to the correct window [RESOLVED in 3.9.13.b3]

Etosha
Etosha
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hey guys,

the 1P toolbar window in Firefox 20 (and in the previous ff version), when opened by using the keyboard shortcut, won't open in the correct FF window when there's more than one. I tried and changed the shortcut to a ridiculously complicated value to make sure it doesn't interfere with some (maybe new) standard browser shortcut, still the same outcome: if there is a different ff window it can go to, it does.

Also, when 1P asks to save a new password, it loses focus so that I can't type in the master password. When I try to regain focus by clicking, it changes the ff window and doesn't "read" the new login. -> Saving new passwords on first login won't work.

My desktop application says version 1.0.9.327, and I had the same problem with the previous version (updated just today).

Any hints?
Thank you! Love from Austria.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

Sorry for the trouble, Etosha. This is fixed in the beta channel of 1Password's Firefox extension and will be available soon in the stable channel. If you want the fix now, you can install the 1Password Firefox extension beta by opening this link in Firefox and following the onscreen instructions:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/firefox.html?beta=y

<3

• bonnieb
    bonnieb
    Community Member

This worked, thank God! :-)
    It has been bugging me since end of February and I just got frustrated enough today to come look for solution. Looks like I came on just the right day. Thank you for fixing it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that did the trick. Please let me know if there is ever anything else we can help with. :)

• Etosha
    Etosha
    Community Member

Hey khad,

bonnieb took away my thanks! ;) Make her stop! :D
    It did the trick for me too, I only had to change over to the Windows beta (you linked the Mac).

Yay, you're obviously the good guys. Thank you! <3

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for any confusion. The extension is identical for both Mac and Windows, but I've updated the URL in my post. :)

Thanks for letting me know everything worked out for you too! That is always good news.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.