Custom keyboard for combined URL and search bar in browser

HenryY
HenryY
Community Member
edited April 2013 in iOS

Sorry, I couldn't find the old thread.

I was just wondering if any thought has been given to replacing the "URL Keyboard" in the 1Password Browser with the "Login Keyboard" used on webpages/apps. This is the keyboard that has a space bar, and when "." is long pressed, presents .com as an option.

I still feel that this would be the ideal compromise keyboard between the normal keyboard, and the URL keyboard.

Comments

• Cyrille
    Cyrille
    Community Member

What is the more annoying and I think as a bug is when you select the address/search bar of the 1Password Browser, there is no space bar in the keyboard. If we want to do a search, without space bar, it's pretty much impossible to do :) If it can be corrected in the next beta release, it would be great.

• HI guys,

Sorry for not responding for awhile, a URL/Login keyboard is definitely in the plans.

For now, use the / as the delimiter, you can type in I/Love/Mike and Google will knows it is supposed to search for I Love Mike.

I apologize for the inconvenience but we'll add those spacebar/URL features to the keyboard as soon as we can.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Awesome tip about /.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike, you are quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.