1PW 4.1.2, I am so lost

Trey_H
Trey_H
Community Member

I am running V3.8.20 on my Mac - OSX 10.8.3. I have V2.2.1 on my iPhone 5. I purchased and downloaded V4.1.2 for the iPhone.

I have been using 1PW on my Mac without any issues since early 2009.

All of the simplicity, and ease of use, I have enjoyed for the last 4 years has evaporated since downloading V4.1.2.

Can someone point me to simple instructions for installing and using V4.1.2? I do not know if I need to delete V2.2.1, or if V4.1.2 will load and incorporate the data from V2.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Trey_H,

We recommend that you use Dropbox to sync your data from the Mac App to your iPhone. This article will explain how you can set it up, it should be fairly quick to set it up if you have all of the data in the Mac app.

I hope that helps, please let me know.

• Trey_H
    Trey_H
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    Thanks for your quick response. I am having trouble with Dropbox connectivity. Is it possible to do this through iCloud?

• Not at the moment, because the Mac app does not support iCloud sync yet.

This will require the release of 1Password 4 for OS X at the Mac App Store, since official iCloud sync is restricted to the App Stores.

Right now, Dropbox is the only way to provide cloud-based bi-directional sync between 1Password 4 for iOS and 1Password 3 for Mac.

You can turn on both iCloud and Dropbox options in the iOS app and have it sync to the Mac app over Dropbox for now. If you decide to upgrade to 1Password 4, it'll automatically pick up the iCloud data and you can choose to disable Dropbox completely in the iOS app.

• Trey_H
    Trey_H
    Community Member

Got it. I am in the crate your dropbox window. I keep getting the message, ' An unexpected error occurred. Try again later.' Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• Where are you seeing this message exactly? In the IOS app or on the Mac?

Can you take a screenshot of it? This site should explain how to take a screenshot.

Thanks!

• Trey_H
    Trey_H
    Community Member
    edited April 2013

I am seeing the message in the "Create Your Dropbox' window on my Macbook display. Screen shot successful. Not sure how to send it to you.

• Trey_H
    Trey_H
    Community Member

MikeT,
    I am good for now. Thanks

• Hi @Trey_H,

I'm glad you're all set. For future reference, you need to use your own file sharing host to store the screenshots and link it here. We'll look into adding the ability to upload your images here soon.

Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.