Bug: Trashed Items in 1PasswordAnywhere

HenryY
HenryY
Community Member
edited April 2013 in iOS

This problem is hard to describe. There are numerous blank deleted items visible in 1PasswordAnywhere but not in the actual 1Password app.

Please look at this screenshot for a better explanation:

http://note.io/1234Xpu

I've already tried rebuilding the data file and clearing the cache.

Comments

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Nevermind, rebuilding put 2 items in my trash (both blank). Emptying my trash after the rebuild seems to have fixed this.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please keep us posted if anything like this happens again. You shouldn't have to rebuild or clear cache with any regularity.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I figured out what's going on here. Apparently the iOS version of 1Password 4 is created blank items in the trash.

They show up in the desktop version, and are recreated by the iOS version even after the trash is emptied.

The items are literally blank, they have no title or other data in them.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Do you know what is triggering their creation? Or do they seem to be created randomly? I'll see what I can dig up, but can you confirm for me what version of 1Password for iOS you are using when this happens?

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I'm running 4.2rc1 and 4.1.2. I suspect they're conflicted tombstones, caused by delayed iCloud syncing?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Could be. If the issue is in the beta channel, though, please be sure to keep all feedback in the beta forum. I'll move this thread there.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Try just starting fresh on iOS. Reset the data in iCloud and in 1Password and sync it fresh (with the Trash emptied). That will give us a baseline. Let me know if you need more specific instructions. I'd be happy to provide some more details.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Will do. It may have something to do with the fact that I have collectively 6 copies of 1Password running (2 Macs), iOS AppStore (iPhone, iPad), iOS Beta (iPhone, iPad).

Thanks. I can reset everything.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Okay I reset 1Password (beta and AppStore) on my iPad. For some reason now it puts tombstones in, but they're invisible in my Desktop versions of 1Password.

When I open 1PasswordAnywhere, it shows 13 blank items in the trash like my original screenshot.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

So, I created a test item in my desktop, and then put it in the trash and emptied it. Lo-and-behold, the 13 blank items are gone in 1PasswordAnywhere. Very strange.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Strange indeed. Please keep the feedback coming if it happens again. I think I might actually be seeing the same thing (or something similar). I'm going to do a little bit more digging.

This discussion has been closed.