Feature Request: Space bar for searching in Browser mode

parekh
parekh
Community Member
edited February 2013 in iOS

I'm unable to determine whether this is a feature request or a bug report. The address bar on 1Password's browser says "Enter an address or search." However, the keyboard that it brings up doesn't have a space bar, which is pretty essential for searching.

Ref: Image: http://imgur.com/XPDY8VX

Comments

• Hi Parekh,

This is a known issue, we're working on adopting the keyboard to include the space bar.

For now, just use / as the delimiter, so if you're looking 1Password rocks, type 1Password/rocks and it'll search for that.

• aplnub
    aplnub
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Is there a way to enter a space in the browser bar in order to perform a search that includes multiple words or am I missing something. (I'm new to 1Password)

• Hi @aplnub,

Please read my reply here on how to work around the spacebar issue. We're working on getting it implemented via a custom keyboard design but I don't have a timeframe on it. The link will explain how you can get around it using "\".

• aplnub
    aplnub
    Community Member

Thanks!

• You're welcome!

If we could be of further assistance, please let us know!

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Any update on this? I'm really liking the new ipad browser, except for this bug!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I just merged these two threads together since they are the same feature request. As Mike mentioned, we're working on getting it implemented via a custom keyboard design, but we cannot provide a time frame for the implementation of this feature request.

This discussion has been closed.