Free upgrade to version 4 for bundle license?

griganskiy
griganskiy
Community Member

Will "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" include a free upgrade to version 4 when it is released? If I want to bought both version 1Password: Mac and Windows, which better way to do this: from App Store or directly from your's site?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

They say any purchase since 1/1/13 will get the update. Mac will be first, I usually don't follow the Win version as I use Mac only.

You can only get the bundled price on the agile site.

I have pinged one of the admins to get clarification on this.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Will "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" include a free upgrade to version 4 when it is released?

Yep. :)

If I want to bought both version 1Password: Mac and Windows, which better way to do this: from App Store or directly from your's site?

It is up to you. Both will give you a free upgrade to v4, but the sale does make it a bit complicated. It is not valid with other discounts, so the normal bundle discount we would give if you emailed us your MAS receipt isn't available right now.

• danieljomphe
    danieljomphe
    Community Member

If I buy the Mac + Windows bundle, will it also include a free upgrade to version 2 of the Windows app? This might tip me into buying now.

I already own 1P for Mac v3 and 1p for Win v1. In fact, I already own 2 or 3 licences of 1P for Mac v2 and v3, although I only ever used one. It would feel weird to buy yet another v3 license now to save on v4 later. I would prefer if you told me: "don't worry, when v4 comes out, you won't have to pay more than what deal we're offering right now."

Thinking about it, I believe your offer is more for new customers than it is for upgrade customers. I might just as well wait and see what you later offer upgraders.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

If I buy the Mac + Windows bundle, will it also include a free upgrade to version 2 of the Windows app? This might tip me into buying now.

I can't guarantee that there will be a version 2 of 1Password for Windows. We may just jump to version 4 to keep the version numbers in sync, but yes, you'll get the next major version of 1Password for Windows as a free update. :)

I would prefer if you told me: "don't worry, when v4 comes out, you won't have to pay more than what deal we're offering right now."

I simply don't have that information right now.

I might just as well wait and see what you later offer upgraders.

The choice is yours. Historically speaking we've never had an upgrade discount as big as 50%, but it is up to you if you want to take a wait and see approach.

Cheers!

• danieljomphe
    danieljomphe
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

I didn't realize this rebate also applied to upgrades. I bought upgrades from v3 Mac and v1 Win to v3-4 Mac and v1-4 Win. ;)

At this price, family packs were tempting but I don't think I need more licenses.

Cheers and thank you for the help!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It's my pleasure to help. Thanks for your ongoing support!

This discussion has been closed.