Can't sync 1Password to Dropbox

I've been using 1Password on my Mac since it's inception so I'm very familiar with it...and I also use it on my iOS devices. Today, I downloaded the Windows trial version to try on a Windows 8 laptop I have for business purposes. When opening 1Password (Windows) for the first time it asks if I want to "Open existing 1Password data", but clicking on that is expecting a pointer to my keychain on my machine somewhere. I want to the 1Password data in my Dropbox account. How do I do this upon initial startup of 1Password for Windows? Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like this is related to the pointer file you mentioned deleting in the other thread:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12995/ws-agile-1password-settings-is-required-for-syncing

You can also manually select the 1Password.agilekeychain data folder within your Dropbox folder to set it as the active one.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Khad, the initial problem on the Windows machine was something else...when I installed Dropbox on it, I failed to sync the existing folders (for some reason they were UNchecked by default. Checking the 1Password folder in Dropbox for sync fixed the problem.

I'm sure glad I don't have to use Window for my primary OS :-) I used it exclusively since its first version up until I moved to a Mac in 2007...now I remember why I did that . Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Phew! I'm glad everything is working well again. :D

Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

This discussion has been closed.