Santander

After many months of successful (2-screen) logins to Santander bank (UK) using the right-click menu on screen 2, for some reason I am now returned to screen 1 instead of completing the login process. Unless there has been a recent extension update, the problem must lie with something Santander has done.

Is there anything you can suggest to get it working again? I have tried deleting the old screen 2 record, entering the details manually and saving the new record, but the same thing happens when I right click and enter the new record. I could give the URL for the second screen, but without a genuine logon you would end up at screen 1.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There was an extension update. Can you tell me what browser version you are using? Please try it in Safari if you are using a different browser. Right-click near the password field and see if there is an option to "Open Frame in New Window".

I don't have an account there, but it's possible someone else on the team here does. Just so we're on the same page, can you tell me the URL(s) you are referring to? I know I probably won't be able to access the one for the second page without an account, but it could be helpful.

Thanks!

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Hi Khad

I'm using Safari version 6.0.3, 1P extension 3.9.10.

There is no 'Open Frame in New Window' option.

The screen 2 URL:

per 1P record is: https://retail.santander.co.uk/LOGSUK_NS_ENS/ChannelDriver.ssobto

and

per the address bar in Safari: https://retail.santander.co.uk/LOGSUK_NS_ENS/ChannelDriver.ssobto?dse_operationName=LOGON

This has happened in the past during those turbulent days (for you) when the extensions were being developed, but was eventually fixed and has been fine until now.

Regards

Ken

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

One of the folks on the team here should be along shortly to better assist you. Thanks for your patience, Ken! It shouldn't be too long. :)

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Why not give me your dad's username and password and I'll check it myself!! :))

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

I turned auto submit off and tried right-clicking to see if that made difference. It did - the 2nd screen record had vanished from the context menu!

I changed it back to always submit, but it's still missing. Does that help/hinder?

Ken

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Stu - any progress on this?

Ken

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

That's OK.

The item has reappeared in the extension! It is still in 1Password itself as well.

Ken

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

I've discovered that changing Submit from 'Always' to 'Never' on the screen 2 record corrects the problem,

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like things are working well now then. Is that correct? If so, that is great! If not, please let me know.

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Well almost. All I have to do is click the Submit button on screen 2 and I logon successfully. Auto submit on screen 2 still doesn't work on this particular website though. As I mentioned previously, the same thing happened before in the early versions of the extensions last year.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Does it make any difference if you have "Animate filling" enabled or disabled?

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Unfortunately not.

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it probably made more sense than starting a new one. I too have the same issue and can confirm that disabling auto submit resolves the issue (disabling animate doesn't). Is there a planned fix for this?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There are some sites that do things that block autosubmit. We are always working to improve autosubmit as much as possible, though. Perhaps in the future it will work on the Santander site as well. This is on our radar, I just can't make any promises or give a time frame.

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. Out of interest, is there a keyboard shortcut to submit when auto submit is disabled in the extension?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The Return key?

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member

Doh! Yep, that works. :)

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Khad - this only became a problem after the extension update prior to my original post. Before that, Santander screen 2 worked just fine with auto submit.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is possible there was a change in the extension that caused it, but without knowing the exact source code of the site prior to when the issue started occurring, it is impossible to rule out a change on the website itself. Sites are constantly updated. I don't want to pass the buck, but correlation does not necessarily indicate causation. It can be especially hard for us to diagnose these two-page login processes since an account is required on all of them, and the developers don't necessarily have accounts on all of them.

We are always making improvements, though, and I think that it is very possible that this will be resolved in the future. :)

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Under Version 4.0b56 (400156) the second screen now auto submits - hooray!
    Unfortunately, the first screen (which used to autosubmit under 1P3) no longer does -boo!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

One step forward; one step back. Thanks for the update. Maybe one day soon it will Just Work™. :)

This discussion has been closed.