1Password freeze after Save

Options
mk9
mk9
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Suddenly I am getting a beachball in 1Password under the following circumstances:

1. Just made an edit to a login, clicked "Save"
  2. Move cursor to any other entry in the Logins pane, and the detail pane on the right does not update, and the beachball appears. Must Force Quit 1Password.
  3. Syncing with Dropbox seems to work fine; the Dropbox.com web site is updated almost instantaneously, and changes appear on other devices. Database seems OK, not corrupted.

Info:

1Password 3.9.6 (latest in Mac App Store), Mac Mini, Mac OS X 10.8.4 (latest update), using Chrome browser 27.0.1453.110 (which seems to work OK except that when 1Password is frozen, the shortcut key doesn't work).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please try rebuilding your data file by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File from the menu bar.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mk9
    mk9
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I selected "Rebuild the data file..." and get the beachball immediately. I downloaded the diagnostic and will forward that to the address you gave.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We appreciate your patience as we are quite a bit busier lately due to the sale, but we will reply as soon as possible.

• mk9
    mk9
    Community Member
    Options

I should add that it appears that any Save action brings up the beachball, whether or not anything else is done in the 1Password window. That appears to be the issue behind freezing while rebuilding the data file. Good thing is the data file appears to be uncorrupted although it is difficult to know for sure.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

Thank you for following up. We'll continue to work with you via email so we are not duplicating efforts.

SZX-74755-386

This discussion has been closed.