Accessing 1PasswordAnywhere in Dropbox mobile app or via local file system

staggattack
staggattack
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

i've purchased 1password für mac and ios two days ago. so far it is working very well with dropbox syncing between mac and iphone. but i would like to use the 1passwordAnywhere feature. opened from dropbox inside the webbrowser it always returns "incorrect password", but opened on local drive or dropbox on my iphone the "problem loading 1password data file" occurs. the key data file-link is opening the encryptionkeys.js. i guess there seems to be a problem with that file? what do i have to to, to make the html-version running, without injuring anything?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for any confusion. There is no problem. Everything is working as expected. The Dropbox mobile app only loads the HTML file. It cannot load the entire data bundle since it can only load a single file at a time, and your data is made up of hundreds of smaller files.

Additionally, modern browsers have local file restrictions. There are ways around the restrictions in Safari and Chrome, but I don't believe there is a way around them in Firefox. The simplest solution is to just load 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website in your browser rather than from a local file or in the Dropbox mobile app.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• staggattack
    staggattack
    Community Member

thanks for your fast reply. i can open the 1password.html file with safari, firefox and chrome via the dropbox website. but in all these browsers the master key input returns "incorrect password". i tried it countless times with the same password i can easily unlock the 1password iphone and mac app.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Is there an accented or "special" character in your master password or is it just letters and numbers?

• staggattack
    staggattack
    Community Member

letters, spaces, accented and special characters

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It may be an encoding issue with the accented characters. Please try it with just letters and numbers and "regular" symbols (such as !@#$%^&*()) and see if that helps.

• staggattack
    staggattack
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

thank u. i'll try that. what about spaces?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Spaces should be fine.

• staggattack
    staggattack
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

thank you very much! it must have been a problem with a special symbol or character. now everything works fine.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.