Data Import

1Magic
1Magic
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Is it possible to import data from a flat or XML file to initially setup my accounts? I am currently using another system that has ability to export a text file. It would save me a lot of time if I could import it into 1Password.
Thanks!

Comments

• Hi 1Magic,

1Password does support CSV and text formats that's delimited by tabs, space, or comma.

You can find the information of how 1Password imports those files by clicking on the following OS you're using: Windows and OS X

In addition, you can download the trial version of 1Password and test the import process without buying 1Password in the first. You'd be able to try it for 30-days and buy it after with a 30-day money-back promise.

Hope that helps!

• darquiel
    darquiel
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am attempting to import emails accounts via a CSV, but the only options I see are to import logins and secure notes.
    Is there any additional guidance on how to specify that?

I am switching from eWallet to 1Password so i have quite a few categorized items.
    Or is there a way to change the item type from login to email?
    Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

At this time 1Password only imports items as Logins or Secure Notes. If there is a username/password/URL it should be imported as a Login item. Otherwise the data is imported as a Secure Note since the formatting from the myriad other apps is not consistent in any way.

This discussion has been closed.