Duplicate entries in "All" folder

ErikSwan
ErikSwan
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

For some reason I'm seeing some duplicate entries in 1Password, but only when I select the "All" folder. Here are some screenshots:

Logins view:

"All" folder view:

Any idea why this is happening? Can I safely delete the "duplicate" entries? And to clarify, the duplicates don't show up in anywhere else (i.e. they aren't accounts or in the wallet).

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Are they Generated Password items?

Preferences > General > Display in Sidebar > Generated Passwords

• ErikSwan
    ErikSwan
    Community Member

They were indeed. I deleted all of them, since I already created Login items for them.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that solved the riddle, but I do want to mention that Generated Password items are a safety net.

A Generated Password item is created each time you click the "Save" button in the generator (within the app) or the "Fill" button within the generator in the browser extension. They do no harm in the Generated Passwords section, and you can delete them if you wish. The Generated Passwords section is intended to be a safety net, though, so we recommend leaving it intact. You can toggle its display in the sidebar if you wish (Preferences > General > Display in Sidebar > Generated Passwords). It is completely separate from your Logins which are the main items used for logging in via the mobile apps' built-in browser and the browser extensions on your desktop.

If anyone knows about an abundance of generated passwords cluttering up a data file, you can be sure that we at AgileBits do (with all the testing we constantly perform)! There are too many to worry about. I treat it like my Gmail archive. I never look at it, but I can search it if I ever need to. And I have certainly needed to once or twice after I thought I had saved a login but hadn't. Saved my bacon on more than one occasion. You can even create a Smart Folder that excludes Generated Password items and use that instead of the "All" Smart Folder if you like.

I hope that helps explain the situation a bit better. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.