Slow Search, Universal Unlock, and Encrypted HTML

Options
rybu0305
rybu0305
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
  • 1Password search is terribly slow
  • I have "disable auto unlock" checked for both 1P and All Apps and it doesn't work
  • Why did you take away the ability to export a password protected html file to share a password? This was very convenient.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. Please try rebuilding your data file by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File from the menu bar.
    2. Please let me know the steps to reproduce as well as the version of 1Password you are using. It is working well in all of our testing. I'm wondering if perhaps there is confusion about how it is supposed to work.
    3. The short answer is: security. The longer answer is in this blog post from 2011: Staying ahead with security
  • rybu0305
    rybu0305
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

1) Much better. Thnx

2) It is my understanding if the two options are Unchecked then if I unlock 1Password in my browser and then switch to another browser I will not need to unlock again. Likewise if I unlock 1Password.app I should not need to unlock again when I go to a browser. All this assumes my security time out has not bee reached.

3) Sad. I would like to see some implementation of this or hopefully 1P4 will allow me to share specified passwords with other 1P users.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)
    2. That sounds about right, but you will also need to make sure you haven't disabled Universal Unlock in each extension's Security settings. Can you confirm for me that "Enable Universal Unlock" is checked?

3. I can't comment on future plans, but there are some sharing options in 1Password 4 for iOS.

I hope that helps. Please let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.