Key data file issue with 1PasswordAnywhere in the Dropbox mobile app

Options
Alex Hugessen
Alex Hugessen
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have purchased 1password from iTunes and am experiencing an issue that seems to be common but I have not seen a solution posted anywhere.

When attempting to use dropbox on my iOS device I get the "key file could not be loaded" error and the help guide offers no solution other than to be sure that everything has stopped syncing?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like you are trying to open the 1Password.html file within the Dropbox mobile app on your iOS device. The Dropbox mobile app for iOS is not used for syncing 1Password data. The 1Password for iOS app is used. :)

If you're still having trouble, please post a screenshot of the error you are seeing. Again, keep in mind that you don't use the Dropbox app on your device to sync with 1Password. You use the 1Password app.

Let me know if that helps.

• Alex Hugessen
    Alex Hugessen
    Community Member
    Options

So the only way to see it on an iOs device is to actually pay for another app? Some of your literature is a little misleading when you say "Take 1password anywhere" it doesn't mention that you will have to shell out for another app to do so.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You can also use the 1PasswordAnywhere feature (as you are attempting to do from within the Dropbox app) via Mobile Safari for free.

1. Log in to the Dropbox website in Safari.
    2. Open 1Password.html file inside of 1Password.agilekeychain.
    3. Enter your Master Password and enjoy.

It works fine in Safari. It just doesn't work in the Dropbox mobile app since the Dropbox mobile app only loads the HTML file. It cannot load the entire data bundle since it can only load a single file at a time, and your data is made up of hundreds of smaller files.

Of course, you get a remarkably better experience in the native 1Password for iOS app, but you can certainly access your data via 1PasswordAnywhere in Mobile Safari.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.