1password extension keeps crashing my Safari 6

If unlocked via application the extension works. When trying to unlock from extension initially it locks up safari and I have to force quit. I have tried clearing prefs and cache and curiously when I uninstall and re-install I get proper behavior for a day or so. Then it starts crashing again while trying to unlock. I must be missing something to get everything back to zero and ditch whatever corruption is occurring. I also see that their is no one else having this problem. Help please. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It shouldn't be possible for 1Password (or any extension) to crash Safari since all extensions are sandboxed.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• tha_bothaus
    tha_bothaus
    Community Member

Thanks. Not sure if it is appropriate to call it crashed or not but a spinning beachball and unresponsive browser for longer than 5 mins in my mind is 'crashed' even with a sandboxed extension. It would be a benefit if it actually crashed really. It never recovers. The sandboxed extension can't be quit by itself. I will post sniff results.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sending us your Diagnostics Report(s)! We will continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved. :)

FHH-79884-351

This discussion has been closed.