Password History Does Not Reveal Passwords

Options
2guard
2guard
Community Member

Pressing the arrow within the circle does not reveal the password.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forums, 2guard! I'm not sure I understand the issue. Could you tell me if you are talking about 1Password for Mac, Windows, iOS, or some other platform? Is this in the main application or in the browser extension? I don't know of any "arrow within [a] circle" that is supposed to reveal any password.

It sounds like perhaps you are referring to the "View password history" button in the desktop browser extensions. If so, there is no way to reveal the password from there. Since the passwords listed there are always going to be generated by the Password Generator, they are not very easy to type, so we make copying them to the clipboard convenient with a single click on the password. If you do need to view a generated password for some reason, you can do so in the main 1Password application. In 1Password for Mac, just be sure to enable the Generated Passwords section in the sidebar (Preferences > General > Display in Sidebar > Generated Passwords) then you can either toggle View > Conceal Passwords in the menu bar or hold down the Option key on your keyboard to quickly temporarily reveal any passwords of an item shown in the details view.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• LSchaefer
    LSchaefer
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

i have the same problem...following the instructions (pasted below) and the password history does not show. i am on windows using chrome

So we’ve “changed the lock.” Now we just need to give a copy of the new key to the cleanest roommate you’ve ever had: 1Password.

1. Click the 1Password button in your browser’s toolbar.
    2. Select the Password Generator.
    3. Click the “View password history” button. Your most recently generated password will be listed at the top.
    4. Click the circled > to the right of the generated password’s title to view its details.
    5. Click on the concealed password field to copy the password to your clipboard. The “copy” label will briefly change to “copied” to indicate that the password was copied.
    6. Select the Logins section (represented in the extension by a keyhole icon) and click the circled > to the right of the Login title you are updating.
    7. Click the Edit button and paste the newly generated password into the password field then click Save.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So you are having trouble with step 4 from that list in Chrome on Windows?

If so, try pressing the Right arrow key on your keyboard at that step rather than clicking anything with your mouse.

If not, please let me know which of those 7 steps you are stuck on, what action you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen so I can better assist you.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.