Password change in browser extension not passing into keychain

Recently I changed a password using the browser extension in Safari. I tested it in Firefox and it works there as well. If I look at the password via the drop down menu in the Safari browser, the new password shows up. If I look at the password after opening the 1Password in the applications folder, it shows the old password. I use dropbox synching and my laptop and my iPhone both also show the old password. This is a big problem as I'm headed out of town and need access to my latest passwords.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The Helper may not be connecting. Please select Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password. Does that help?

If you are in a hurry — and it sounds like you are — I would strongly suggest manually adding the password to the main 1Password application for now. It should sync fine via Dropbox then. (The data exchange between the main app and the browser extensions is not handled by Dropbox in any way, so it is unrelated to Dropbox.) This will also give you a chance to remove and reinstall the extension without any data loss if merely restarting the Helper doesn't do the trick.

Please let me know if restarting the Helper worked. If not, please confirm that you have manually added the password to the main 1Password application and it synced to your other devices. After that you can reinstall the browser extension which should do the trick.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• PerryD
    PerryD
    Community Member

Right after I posted, I made the decision to manually move the password into the main application. It then transferred to my laptop and my iPhone very quickly. I'll restart the helper next to see if that takes care of this issue. Thank you.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that syncing is working well. Please email us a Diagnostics Report if you are still having trouble with the data not matching in the browser extension. We'll resolve it. :)

This discussion has been closed.