How to sort fields?

Options

When creating a new Logins entry, you can add Field Names and Field Values at the bottom of the template. After entering about 10 fields and their values, I would like to sort the field names alphabetically. Is there any way to do this? Thx

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question. At this time it is not possible, but I'll pass your vote along to the developers. Thanks for your feedback! :)

That said, we actually don't recommend manually creating Login items or editing the values in the "All Fields" section. The field names and field values are automatically culled from the login page when you save a Login item using the browser extension. That is the recommended method for saving Login items. Manually editing is mostly just for troubleshooting.

If you aren't automatically prompted to save a Login item when you log into a site, please review the relevant support article for some tips:

Autosave Trouble: Why is my login not being saved?

Of course, you can also always save a Login manually via the browser extension.

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• aaroux
    aaroux
    Community Member
    Options

I agree that the ability to sort fields in 1Password is a VERY needed function. Scanning through unsorted logins and Secure notes is very time-consuming. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback, @aaroux. I will pass your feature request along to my developers.

This discussion has been closed.