1Password crashing on Maverick DP 2

arthursoares
arthursoares
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I'm trying to open 1Password and create a new DB, but right after I choose to create a new account, it crashes.

Here is the log

http://pastebin.com/TDG1gSah

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Obviously you are running a prerelease version of OS X, so there will be bugs. Not everything is guaranteed to work (including 1Password). That said, we would love to see if there is something we need to fix on our end.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• arthursoares
    arthursoares
    Community Member

Hello khad,

I've tried running the Troubleshooting utility but it just keeps running and running without giving me any output.

:)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

Try resetting folder permissions from that same Help > Troubleshooting menu and then give it another go.

If you're still having trouble, let's try generating the report a different way. Using your browser, please download a small standalone tool from our site to run a network copy of the Diagnostics Report procedure:

http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use the Finder (or Spotlight) to locate 1Password_diagnostics in your browser’s download folder. If the located file name ends with “.zip”, the browser has not already expanded the downloaded archive so please double-click it to force it to be expanded.

The expanded download result you are looking for will be a Unix Executable File (as reported in the Finder’s “Kind” column when in list view) named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking that file will cause a Terminal window to appear, automatically downloading the latest (possibly unreleased) copy of the 1Password Diagnostics Report tool and will run it for you.

Hopefully it will show you instructions at the end on how to save the resulting Diagnostics Report from your web browser so that it can be attached to an email message to us.

Any output seen in the Terminal window may help to determine additional problems with permissions on your system that could impact 1Password. Please copy the entire output (easy way: Command-A, followed by Command-C) and paste it into your email for us to look at.

• arthursoares
    arthursoares
    Community Member

Managed to get the report. Sent via e-mail.

Is there a sample DB file that I can try to open? The app crashes right after the "I am a new user" screen appears.

:)

• arthursoares
    arthursoares
    Community Member

Managed to get a workaround. Downloaded the 1Password app on iOS and created the DB from there. Synced via dropbox and then opened on my mac. So far it is working.

• arthursoares
    arthursoares
    Community Member

Update: Mac app isn't syncing with the iOS apps :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sending the report. We'll work with you via email so we are not duplicating efforts. :)

This discussion has been closed.