1P not filling logins, Console message attached for your review

1Password stopped filling in logins. I use Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) on Firefox 21. Attached is the Console error message around the time I last tried using 1P.

**6/25/13 10:31:59 AM 1PasswordAgent[163] Failed to return databaseID, encryption key is not loaded
6/25/13 10:32:00 AM [0x0-0x23b23b].org.mozilla.firefox[46693] error: onepassword: [AGENT] syncReply error: serverDatabaseIDMismatch
6/25/13 10:32:06 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.geeNian.ShellExt.Daemon.plist[46786]) **

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you confirm for me that all of your data is present in the main 1Password application? I'd like to have you remove and reinstall the Firefox extension, but if the Helper was not able to connect to the extension there may be some data that is present in the extension that hasn't made its way back to the main 1Password application. I don't anticipate that to be the case, but I just want to double-check before providing instructions for removing 1Password's SQLite database from Firefox. :)

Please let me know.

Cheers!

• paulcoholic
    paulcoholic
    Community Member

1) Yes, all my data is present in the main 1PW application.
    2) I did what you suggested, removed the Firefox extension and reinstalled it.
    3) It works again!

Thanks, khad!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news on both all counts! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• paulcoholic
    paulcoholic
    Community Member

It stopped working.

I checked your recommendations, and yes, my data was present, etc. I removed the extension and reinstalled it. It works now again. (Using Firefox 22, now.) Based upon Console, I may be having other issues. Xmarks, for example, seems to take forever to sync.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

• paulcoholic
    paulcoholic
    Community Member

OK, I did all that and it works (although I messed up one thing, rather than tossing the SQLite file on the desktop, I trashed it.) Whoops. But 1PW works now, as I logged in here to post this. If it fails again, I will try your instructions again (this time accurately).

Thanks!

• paulcoholic
    paulcoholic
    Community Member

OK. It failed again, and this time I followed your instructions to the letter. 1PW isn't working again. :(

It seems to work for a while. It may be an issue after shutting down and booting. I've had to shut down the iMac a few times as we've had some storms pass through, and power failed a couple of times recently in addition. Not sure if that helps. OTOH, this issue isn't happening on my black MacBook (the early 2008 Intel Core 2 Duo), and that isn't always on.

I am wondering if there isn't some other issue with the iMac. I use Growl, and it has stubbornly refused to use the notification display I have set as the default. Instead choosing another display option. (I know Growl isn't your product, just though I'd toss that in there.)

Oh, and Happy Canada Day!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Happy Canada Day, @paulcoholic! I'm sorry that you are still having some trouble.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• paulcoholic
    paulcoholic
    Community Member
    edited July 2013

I had to use the one especially referencing Snow Leopard users. But I did that, ran a report, and will now send it to the support email.

Thanks khad!

• paulcoholic
    paulcoholic
    Community Member

Email sent!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013

Thanks, @paulcoholic! It looks like Kyle has replied already. We'll continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved so we're not duplicating efforts. :)

EIK-45781-441

This discussion has been closed.