The Case of The Disappearing Secure Note!

Hey, I am feeling decidedly less "secure" about my "Secure Notes". One of my "secure" notes just disappeared from my 1Password account on my Mac! Amazingly, the note is still there on my iPhone. I sync the Mac using Dropbox and I sync the iPhone version 4 using Dropbox also. Just performed a sync from the iPhone and it did not restore the missing secure note to 1Password on my mac.

I did not delete this file! I even checked the trash just to be sure, and it is not there either.

So, now, please tell me why this file would just disappear, and why a normal sync will not restore it? This is a very important file, by the way, and one that I use daily, so I am eager to get it restored.

Meanwhile, my "Insecurities" abound. :)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please select Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache from the menu bar in 1Password for Mac and let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Wow, problem solved! Thanks! Any ideas on what caused the problem in the first place?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

Not without looking at a Diagnostics Report, but even then it may be hard to say with certainty. You shouldn't have to clear the cache with any regularity, though. If it happens again, please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure! Enjoy your weekend. :D

• ashutoshmehra
    ashutoshmehra
    Community Member

Well I faced this exact same issue today -- New secure notes I had created on the iPhone failed to show on the Mac. All other attempts of fiddling with 1Password settings failed to get it working.
    Khad's "Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache" did the trick for me.

Thank you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that got things working. Please do let us know if it happens again. You shouldn't have to clear the cache with any regularity at all.

Cheers!

• agrawalyogesh
    agrawalyogesh
    Community Member

My secure notes also disappeared, I edited the notes and then clicked save and then it just disappear, I did with second notes and exactly same thing happened. I did clear the cache but that doesn't work as well, I am using 1 Password 3.8.x

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @agrawalyogesh,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with Secure Notes. If that cache-clearing trick didn't work, we are going to need to see a bit more information in order to get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Diagnostic Report.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Matuso
    Matuso
    Community Member

I just want to report I had the same problem and it was resolved as instructed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Matuso,

I'm glad to hear that the instructions above helped you solve your issue :)

This discussion has been closed.