Chrome and Firefox extensions not synchronising

Recently I was obliged to make use of the Chrome Extension for a period of time and now that I have moved back to Firefox I have discovered that the Chrome extension is not synchronizing with either the FireFox extension or the OnePassword app.

I have to make a field trip in a few days and really need ALL my passwords to be synchronized to each other and to my laptop. Copying them over manually is not an option as there are too many.

At the very least can someone tell me how to locate and export the passwords saved in Chrome?

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please select Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password. Does that help?

If you create a Login item in the Firefox extension, does it show up in the main 1Password application? That is to say, are no extensions in sync with the main app? Or is it just the Chrome extension? What about Safari?

• Sandup
    Sandup
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

The FireFox extension and the main 1Password application work fine together. Have never tried the Safari extension. It appears that it is just the Chrome extension that does not want to sync with either the Firefox extension or the Main application.

• Sandup
    Sandup
    Community Member

I did select Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password several times, but it did not help at all.

• Sandup
    Sandup
    Community Member

Help! I really need to be able to at least print out the passwords in the chrome extension before I leave on Tuesday evening.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the delay, @Sandup. We strive to reply to all inquiries within 24 hours and often reply much sooner. I am happy to be able to further assist you now.

It may be possible to have this resolved before Tuesday, but we will need your cooperation. :)

1. Open this URL in Chrome: https://agilebits.com/extension/test/export_data
    2. Enter your master password on that export page and click the button to export the data to a 1PIF file.
    3. You can then import that data in the main 1Password application (File > Import > 1Password Interchange File).
    4. Confirm that the data is successfully imported into the main 1Password application. It should also be showing up in Firefox.

If you want to get things working in Chrome, remove the 1Password extension (only after confirming that all the data is in the main 1Password app). Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Chrome.

Please let me know how it goes.

• Sandup
    Sandup
    Community Member

Thank you soooo much, it worked beautifully!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week, and let me know if you ever need anything else.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.