Sorting Logins in the extension

gveres
gveres
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I would like to make a request about sorting again.

I use the option-cmd-\ hot key all the time. In fact I almost never use bookmarks, this is my bookmark search.

I have a couple of salesforce accounts in 1Password and it was very handy to type option-cmd-\ followed by sales followed by enter to open up a new salesforce window already logged in and ready to go.

But then I purchased some memory for my mac pro from OWC. Unfortunately they have the word "sales" in their URL. So now when I type sales, the list is:

• OWC
  • SalesForce

and my workflow is now messed up. Yes I know I can go in and change the name OWC to something like zOWC to get it to sort lower than salesforce, but really the display of this list should be biased to the login title. OWC is being brought into the list because it "might" be useful, in this case it is not.

Would it be possible to order the list by most relevant match on the title, followed by most relevant match on the URL?

Thanks
Greg

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Would it be possible to order the list by most relevant match on the title, followed by most relevant match on the URL?

Good question. If you are not viewing either the OWC or Salesforce site then 1Password doesn't really have a way of knowing what is relevant. However, if you are viewing one or the other, the relevant login will be listed at the top of the extension popup in the "Fill and Submit Login" section.

Does that help? Or have I perhaps misunderstood you?

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member

Hi Khad

I did one answer for both my posts from yesterday. They are somewhat related. the other post is here:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/73075#Comment_73075

And yes I think you are misunderstanding me because I have a different expectation of the product than you do. I expect it to be my bookmark manager, not just my password manager. It is so close that I am using it as my bookmark manager, but occasionally it rubs me the wrong way and that could be fairly easily changed from what I can see.

Thanks
    Greg

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up. I will reply to your post in the other thread and close this one to consolidate the discussion.

This discussion has been closed.