Chrome extension keeps counting

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password extension in Safari and Chrome stuck on "Connecting...".

Comments

• dknighgt54
    dknighgt54
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same connection issues on Chrome with Windows 7. Keeps counting the connection time. I tried to uninstall to no avail. Didn't try the proxy server stuff, since I don't know how to do that. Any help would be welcome

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dknighgt54,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I split your post from that other thread since it was for Mac users, and I want to make sure you get the personal attention you deserve. :)

The extension itself is identical in Windows, but the background process and some of the specific troubleshooting steps are different.

Please review our troubleshooting guide for this, and review each step carefully:

Troubleshooting the new browser extensions

A common cause is a proxy server or other "Internet security" programs blocking the secure connection between the sandboxed browser extension and the main 1Password program. Workarounds for both of these are outlined in the guide, and the latter has its own page linked in step seven:

Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software

Please let me know how it goes and if the above applies to your situation.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.