How To: Disable animation in the extension

billk69
billk69
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

initially the disable selection in preferences worked but now when it is selected/checked, I still get animations in both my OS version in Safari and WIndows 7 version on Chrome.

has anybody been able to successfully turn this off on the latest public versions of 1Pwd

Comments

• Hi @billk69,

Just to be clear here, it must be unchecked for it to stop animating the fill. Checked means it'll animate the filling.

Must be unchecked

I just tested it now (Chrome 27, 1Password for Chrome 3.9.14.90, Windows 7), and it works both in unchecked and checked state.

Please let me know if it is still animating with the option unchecked.

• billk69
    billk69
    Community Member

Hi

that worked. I was using the setting in preferences .. which I thought controlled the app!
    Preferences, Advanced, Disable Animations (checked)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Hey billk69

That preference you mention is the animation of the vault opening etc of the 1Password app

• Hi @billk69,

Tommy is correct here, the advanced preference is for the animations within the main 1Password app. I apologize for the confusion, we'll try to make it clear in the future.

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member

When I open 1 password in FireFox I am still getting the animation as it opens. It's slow, it's pointless and I hate it. How do I turn it off? (Just to be clear, I am not talking about the animation as it is filling in forms.)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There is a hidden setting for that in Settings > About. Click the 1Password icon to reveal it.

This discussion has been closed.