Chrome extension iframe overlay remains open after opening new tab

gfruit14
gfruit14
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have found that the extension for Chrome doesn't close after opening a new site from it. Instead, when I go back to the tab in which I accessed the extension window, it remains exactly how it was when I hit Return. I tried installing the Chrome Web Store version to see if that would make a difference, but it has the same issue.

Obviously this isn't a huge deal, it's just a nuisance that I'd rather not have to deal with. This issue does not exist in Firefox nor Safari.

I'm running OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.4, and it occurs on both machines.

Thanks for your help.

David

Comments

• Hi David,

If I understand correctly, the issue is that when you select a Login item from the 1Password extension, it opened a new tab, filled in but the actual extension window itself did not disappear. Is that correct?

Did it happen for any tabs or just some Login items?

You said you pressed Enter, what if you just click on the item itself with your mouse, does it then disappear?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

This is a known issue if:

1. "Open Login in…" is set to "…New Tab" or "…New Window" (as opposed to "…Current Tab")

AND

2. You have invoked the 1Password extension via the keyboard shortcut so it is an iframe overlay in the content area rather than a popup from the toolbar button.

As I understand it, it is a limitation of the Chrome extension APIs. There is no way to open the extension popup from the toolbar button via a keyboard shortcut, so the iframe overlay is a bit of a workaround. This is a side effect of that.

We should have a better solution in the future, but I can't give a time frame at the moment.

• gfruit14
    gfruit14
    Community Member

Thanks for the responses.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. :)

This discussion has been closed.