FireFox Extension and Password Change 2times (does not work anymore)

Hi Everyone,

I ended changing my master password for 1password 2 times - (long story - not worth describing why). Anyway, I then found out that you have to use the old password to log back in with the extension - which creates a problem obviously :). For chrome, I uninstalled the extension and re-installed and this fixed the problem. However, this does not work for the Firefox extension. Any ideas how I can get this working again with the Firefox extension?

Thanks!
Denis

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Enter about:support in the address bar and press Return.
    4. Click the "Show Folder" button.
    5. Quit Firefox.
    6. In the Explorer window that opened, go up one level in the file hierarchy.
    7. Move the OnePassword.sqlite to your desktop.

​Then reinstall the Firefox extension from 1Password for Windows' preferences on the Browsers tab.

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

• Denis Dyack
    Denis Dyack
    Community Member

That worked thank you very much!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Denis Dyack
    Denis Dyack
    Community Member

Yep - it worked on my iMac as well. So this seems to be a universal fix for Firefox.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Yep. That is true. The instructions are slightly different on the Mac, and I'll post them here in case anyone else comes across this thread via a Google search in the future:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

• techahead
    techahead
    Community Member

yes it was in the about:config as khad informed you above

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The profile folder is actually found via about:support not about:config. :)

• timbr8ks
    timbr8ks
    Community Member

When I installed Firefox 22 on Windows, it reported that the new version of Firefox that did not support the 1Password extension. So, the icon disappeared from my browser. I followed all of the directions above, but am stuck here: "​Then reinstall the Firefox extension from 1Password for Windows' preferences on the Browsers tab." When I try to install the extension, I get a message that says "This extension cannot be installed because it appears to be corrupt."

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1. What is the URL that you see in Firefox's address bar when you get that error?
    2. Do you get the same results in a new Firefox profile?
This discussion has been closed.