Slow Scrolling in Notes

Options
Altaveron
Altaveron
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add a note.
  2. Add large text to it (for example, 10 full screens with new line breaks).
  3. Save it and open to edit again.
  4. Try to scroll to the middle of the text.

Actual behaviour: Scrolling will work 1 line per minute. So can't edit text at all.

Should be: Scrolling should work fast for any length of the note.

Additional issue: Please also add a conflict dialog during synchronization. EVERY month I have all edited notes multiplied in 2-10 times, separated by "===" because of some hidden sync problems. I don't do anything except SIMPLE application usage on 2 MacOS, 1 iPhone and 1 iPad. But I have so many conflicts! I think there is no any real conflict at all. But if it is, you should show a conflct dialog instead text multiplication. It's impossible to compare different versions inside the text manually.

Comments

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

The same issue exists when typing anything to a note. For example, for the note with 50 small lines a delay before every char will be entereed is about 1 second.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can't reproduce this but would love to get it resolved if there is indeed a problem in 1Password.

1. What specific version of 1Password are you using?
    2. Are you referring to a Note field within an item? If so, what kind of item? Or are you referring to a Secure Note item?
    3. How large is the text you are using? I just tested with the entire contents of "In the Beginning Was the Command Line" by Neal Stephenson which is 213 KB. There were no issues in my testing.

Please let me know so we can follow up. Thanks!

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    edited July 2013
    Options
    1. Version 3.8.20 (build 31499).
    2. Secure Note. But it seems the same issue exists on Note field too.
    3. I have the issue on 2 different systems on 2 diferrent computers. MacOS X 10.8.4 and all the previous.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please update to the current version of 1Password 3.8 which is 3.8.21. Does that make a difference?

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

Full Changelog 3.8.21:

[New] Added support for the Chrome Web Store version of the 1Password extension.
    [Changed] Now using the new and improved Diagnostics Tool from the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report menu.
    [Changed] Increased the minimum number of PBKDF2 iterations when creating a new keychain and changing your Master Password.

Why do you think the update will help?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Not all the changes make it to the list there are always little bug fixe in every build.

Since KHAD is a support rep for Agile I would be willing to bet he's on the right track. He's pretty good a fixing things.
    Incidentally would their be a reason you want to stay on 3.8.20 ?

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

I have checked the new version 3.8.21. It works in 10-20 times faster but very slow too. Khad, are you sure you don't see the issue?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It works in 10-20 times faster…

That's great! :)

…but very slow too.

That's not so great. :(

Khad, are you sure you don't see the issue?

No. I do not see this issue.

How large is the text you are using? I am testing with the entire contents of "In the Beginning Was the Command Line" by Neal Stephenson which is 213 KB. There were no issues in my testing, but we will keep an eye on it. Perhaps someone else will report it or provide some more details which will give us another clue.

• stayradiated
    stayradiated
    Community Member
    Options

I did a quick test and noticed that scrolling is slow for me too.

I'm using version 3.8.21 (build 32009) and OSX 10.8.4.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new Secure Note.
    2. Paste in text (I used "In the Beginning Was the Command Line")
    3. Scroll up and down while in edit mode (text box has a white background).

If I clicked outside of the textbox then I could scroll at a normal speed.

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

How large is the text you are using?

2000 chars, 120 lines. But this text often is multiplied because of another issue:

Additional issue: Please also add a conflict dialog during synchronization. EVERY month I have all edited notes multiplied in 2-10 times, separated by "===" because of some hidden sync problems. I don't do anything except SIMPLE application usage on 2 MacOS, 1 iPhone and 1 iPad. But I have so many conflicts! I think there is no any real conflict at all. But if it is, you should show a conflct dialog instead text multiplication. It's impossible to compare different versions inside the text manually.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please also add a conflict dialog during synchronization. EVERY month I have all edited notes multiplied in 2-10 times, separated by "===" because of some hidden sync problems. I don't do anything except SIMPLE application usage on 2 MacOS, 1 iPhone and 1 iPad. But I have so many conflicts! I think there is no any real conflict at all. But if it is, you should show a conflct dialog instead text multiplication. It's impossible to compare different versions inside the text manually.

This sounds like a completely separate issue. Could you email us a Diagnostics Report so we can begin an investigation as to why that might be happening so often in your case? That is not typical at all.

After some further testing I was able to reproduce the scrolling issues. It will be resolved in a future release.

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, but I don't want to share any data from the application. Should I create a separate theme about adding conflict dialog?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

None of your 1Password data is in the Diagnostics Report. You can review it yourself before sending it. Please email us so we can better assist you: support@ agilebits .com

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

I just suggest to add conflict dialog to select 1 version instead quite combining them by the application!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for not being clearer, @Altaveron. I have already passed your feature request along to the developers, but I was suggesting that there shouldn't be conflicts under normal circumstances. Certainly not a lot of them. It sounds like you are having a problem that we would like to resolve for you. If you would like to resolve it, please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can.

Thanks! :)

• Altaveron
    Altaveron
    Community Member
    Options

I found out that issue appears when sync isn't finished while editing Secure Note or any other note of elements of other types. Even there is no changes 1Password place old version of the note after "=====" line. The issue appears after the next syncs.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm trying to reproduce this but have not yet succeeded. Could you give me the exact steps you took to reproduce it? I'd love to get it resolved if it is a problem in 1Password. Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.