Other way to sync besides Dropbox?

I'm evaluating 1Password for possible purchase. A critical feature for me is being able to access saved passwords from computers other than my desktop PC. All of the instructions for this sort of thing I have been able to locate are specific to DropBox. Since I already have several different cloud storage accounts including Box.net and Google Drive as well as cloud backup with SugaSync, I'm a bit hesitant to open a DropBox account just for this use. Are there any other ways to sync across machines that don't involve DropBox?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

In 1Password for Windows there are no supported automatic syncing options apart from Dropbox at this time, but you can manually "sneakernet" your data via USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc.

That said, if you don't need syncing with 1Password on any mobile platforms pretty much any file-based sync service will work to sync your data between desktop platforms. Just place your data in the appropriate folder for your sync solution and point 1Password for Windows to it on each machine. :)

Cheers!

• earmsby
    earmsby
    Community Member

ok thanks. I went ahead and created a DropBox account and installed Dropbox. I followed the directions at: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/setting-up-Dropbox-sync.html but nothing happens when I click the button. When I click ok, it seems to still be pointing at the original location. Any advice?

• earmsby
    earmsby
    Community Member

I got it to work by following the directions for moving the data file to another directory (moved it to a folder in my DropBox folder). Now I finally was able to get passwords from another computer via web browser - hurrah!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.