Credit card number won't autofill

Hugues
Hugues
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

My credit card number is not autofilled on a french site (movie angels) using one of the 3 big banks system (LCL, credit Lyonnais): https://sherlocks.lcl.fr/cgis-payment-sherlocks/prod/callpayment

The expiration date is autofilled, the cryptogramme is autofilled, but not the card number (remains blank).

Here is the extract of the code:

form method="post" action="/cgis-payment-sherlocks/prod/callresource;jsessionid=C6C6F989B0AAF4A3FEFAA1B71C6868DD.D7B6FA97D3B5B9C9D0?rsc=creditcard" name="DATA_CAPTURE"

span id="span_sips_card_number_title" class="sips_card_number_title"> N° de carte : </span

input type="text" size="20" maxlength="19" autocomplete="off" name="CARD_NUMBER" id="CARD_NUMBER" class="sips_card_number_input" value="" /

I tried modifying the label and fields sections in 1Password/Content/Resources/Clues/CreditCardClues.js (a trick that used to work sometimes), but to no avail.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I tried modifying the label and fields sections in 1Password/Content/Resources/Clues/CreditCardClues.js (a trick that used to work sometimes), but to no avail.

I believe that file is vestigial since the filling code is handled entirely within the extension itself at this point. That was (and I suppose still is) used by the old Safari 4 browser extension (and the other extensions of that era).

The expiration date is autofilled, the cryptogramme is autofilled, but not the card number (remains blank).

I'm going to pass this along to the developers for review. Thanks for letting us know!

• Hugues
    Hugues
    Community Member

Thanks. I hope it get their attention. i would surely expect autofill to work on the top 3 french payment systems.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll be sure to update this thread with more info as I have it. Thanks again, @Hugues!

• Hugues
    Hugues
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

Well. I just realize that I'm using the 1P 3.8 version, (bought from your site) that's not updated anymore. So I won't have the opportunity to see any changes. Of course I regret I can't do it by myself as before, and as a consequence am obliged to buy new versions from 1P to keep with changes in internet payment systems.

The tricky part is I have a 2008 Mac Pro turbocharged with RAM, TB hard disk SSDs, and which performs excellently, except it is not eligible to Mountain Lion. So I can't move to 1P 4.
    Also I'm happy with my iPhone in i0S 5 since the map function is way better than in OS 6. (and also trapped in the Dropbox API dropout which used to allow over-the-air sync)

I understand from your point of view that you need to rationalize your developments, but from mine, if using 1P forces me to change hardware and software with the mob, at the risk of loosing access to sites I need, I begin to question the viability of using a third-party software to manage my passwords.

To be fair, i am sofar only loosing the ability to autofill credit card, which is a regression but not a deal breaker, and the ability to sync transparently, between my devices which is a pain. But i'm wondering what i'll loose next.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that Apple does not allow your five year old Mac to run the latest versions of OS X. That truly is unfortunate. I wish there were more we could do to help in that regard. We need to stay current ourselves in order to use the latest security technologies that Apple continues to improve in OS X.

If and when you do decide to upgrade to iOS 6, we're already ready and waiting for you. In fact, we're already prepared for iOS 7, so you'll be ahead of the curve if you upgrade. If you're hardware supports it, there isn't really a good reason to stay so far behind especially since there are security improvements in the OS. If you choose to stay behind, that is a personal choice. Only you can weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself that the things you are missing out on are worth missing out on.

This discussion has been closed.