Question Icons When Using the Shelf Layout

subegosubego Junior Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 6 for Mac
Hello all!

I've been living the 1Password life (and really loving it), but there's been one teensy weensy thing that's been bothering me.

I love the big icons in the shelf layout (for the sites that have them), but there are sites where the icon doesn't seem to be loading.

For example, I'd assume Agile would have one. Dropbox too.

I have discovered that sometimes you need to remove extra bits from the URL to get this to work, and have done so with every address, but still nothing with the above mentioned sites, as well as others I'd assume had them.

Thanks much!

Comments

  • NikNik 1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, subego, and thanks for the kind words! The first thing you can try, to resolve this issue, is to click 1Password > Preferences > Logins > Download missing previews. If that doesn't fill in the blanks, edit the items in question, control-click the paper-clipped area in the top-right corner of the details pane, and select the Download Preview option from the contextual menu.
  • subegosubego Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    justG wrote:
    Welcome to the forums, subego, and thanks for the kind words!


    My pleasure, and not hyperbole. As a small example, without it, I wouldn't have made an account on a forum to get tech support like I did here. Apart from probably forgetting which username I picked at some point, I wouldn't have wanted to expose the same weak password I'd been using over and over, again. Now I don't have to remember the login, have a ridiculously strong password, and no hesitation to just join up and have at it.


    justG wrote:
    The first thing you can try, to resolve this issue, is to click 1Password > Preferences > Logins > Download missing previews. If that doesn't fill in the blanks, edit the items in question, control-click the paper-clipped area in the top-right corner of the details pane, and select the Download Preview option from the contextual menu.


    Neither seems to fix it. To be clear, the tiny webicon in front of the Earth is showing up, just not the full sized version.

    Is it possible the problem is I'm expecting them to be there when there isn't one in the first place? For example, I'm assuming Dropbox has one because the sample login for it had one. Was this put directly in the program, or is it scraped from the website when the sample is created?
  • NikNik 1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    subego wrote:
    Now I don't have to remember the login, have a ridiculously strong password, and no hesitation to just join up and have at it.

    I feel the same way! (Most of us on the 1Password team were active forum participants and enthusiastic users of the application before we joined.) I don't hesitate at all to sign up for sites anymore.

    Is it possible the problem is I'm expecting them to be there when there isn't one in the first place?

    I think you've hit the nail on the head, right there. The big, pretty icons appear when the site's got a webclip icon: a 45x45 PNG called apple-touch-icon.png. If that doesn't exist, 1Password will use the site's favicon. However, since the latter's a 16x16 image, it would look pretty awful blown up, so 1Password will use it as a badge on the generic login icon.
This discussion has been closed.