Feature Request: Universal Unlock between iOS app and Mac app via local network

liconutowas
liconutowas
Community Member
edited June 2013 in Lounge

I thought "why do I have to unlock my iOS device when my Mac 1Password is already unlocked?"

It would be great if one could first approve the device to be a trusted iOS device, and after that one time process, anytime I open my 1Password for iOS app, it detects whether I'm in my home network + whether there is my trusted Mac App unlocked and depending on that, unlock my 1Password for iOS database.

I don't know the technical difficulties envolved, but that's your strength (and part of the equation) anyway. For any questions if I've been unclear, I'll try to find th time to respond ;-)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @liconutowas,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm not one of the developers, so I can't comment on the technical (and security) challenges to such a feature, but I'll make sure they get your vote for this. We appreciate the feedback. Please keep it coming. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• liconutowas
    liconutowas
    Community Member

always funny if you are on forums and use a 1password generated password as username :DD

Thx for the reply and for the vote

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! :D

This discussion has been closed.