Features Request/Suggestion: Copy Card data to Notes in new card type

MrCMrC Community Moderator

Since we can't convert cards, I have a suggest that would provide a much faster workflow for transferring data from one card type to another.

I'd like to be able to make a new card of a certain type, and it copies all the data in the currently selected card, placing the data in Notes with field labels. This way, in one shot, I can transfer all the data from the wrong card type, to a card with the proper type. I've been doing this for 30 minutes now, and it is cumbersome.

It could be called Copy to New Card Type, and could use the existing + bottom, perhaps with a modifier key. Or it could be another context menu item below Duplicate.

It would copy all the data to the card's notes field, and set the title identically.

Possible?

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

HI @MrC,

Not possible because they're all structured differently internally, they just look similar in the app. We'd like to be able to do this in the future but it'll require a lot of work.

Right now, what you can do is take advantage of the anchor feature in the 1Password mini, open the item you want to covert in the 1Password mini, press the anchor button to keep it on top of your apps. Now, open the main 1Password app, create a new item that you want to use in the other category, and start clicking the fields in the anchored mini window to paste into the main app. Here's a screenshot of it in action:

That should work.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.