Shortcut key not working in latest Chrome

Im having issues with using CMD+\ as the shortcut key in the latest build of Chrome.

It works fine in Safari / Firefox however nothing whatsoever in Chrome. I have tried both the beta and non-beta builds of the extension and reinstalled Chrome as well to ensure that no other extensions are conflicting.

I have tried changing the key in 1Password to something different however the same still happens.

From what I can see it looks like the extension isn't telling Chrome of the shortcut as the only way I can get a shortcut key to work is to bind it in the extensions menu under the 'Configure Commands' menu but even then I can only seem to bind it to CMD+[A-Z] rather than anything special.

Is anyone else having this issue?

For reference I'm using the following versions:

• Chrome - 25.0.1364.172
  • Extension - 3.9.9.39999
  • 1Password - 3.8.20 (build 31499)
  • OS - 10.8.3

Thanks,

David

Comments

• rotherad
    rotherad
    Community Member

Hmmm... ok so a reboot seems to have fixed it for some reason.

Feel free to lock/delete this post.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Are you using multiple OS X user accounts with Fast user Switching or multiple Chrome users?

Please let me know — especially if the problem recurs.

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

A couple of days ago, this happened to me. Cmd+\ simply will not work to populate forms, and Opt-Cmd-\ will not pop open the widget. I tried all the suggestions on the help pages, but nothing worked. I finally found this page and saw the "reboot" solution. I tried that and it worked.

I do have another user account and Fast User Switiching is enabled, but I never use that other account. Except just now to confirm that it is there. I do not have multiple Chrome users.

I have seen this happen before, and probably it was fixed after a reboot without realizing that that was the "fix".

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up on this, @jasimon9. My guess is that the issue is not related in any way to Fast User Switching on your machine since you don't use the other account. It sounds like the Helper just needed to be restarted. You can do this without restarting your entire machine by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper form the menu bar in 1Password.

If you have any further trouble, please let me know. We would love to get to the bottom of it. You shouldn't have to restart anything (your computer or the Helper) with any regularity. :)

This discussion has been closed.