Does 1Password work well on the OS X 10.9 Mavericks developer preview?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: What does OS X Mavericks iCloud Keychain mean for 1Password?.

Comments

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

Without violating any NDAs, can you comment on how well 1Password 3.9.6 (MAS) works on the Mavericks DP? I have to upgrade now.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Both 1Password 3.8 (from our website) and 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store) work great on the OS X 10.9 Mavericks developer preview. :)

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

I should have known :) Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers! Enjoy your weekend. :D

• yeshwillis
    yeshwillis
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running Mavericks DP on a Mac Book Pro to test application support and found my self unable to get the Safari extension to work properly. I tried uninstalled the extension but same problem once i re installed it. Finally exported my 1Password data and removed all traces of 1Password from said system. Now when I attempt to open the application to set myself up as a new user it crashes every time. I would note that before installing the D.P. 1Password was already setup and working and continued to work after the install. So the problem seems to be localized to the setup as a new user in 1Password on Mavericks. Can anyone confirm this behavior? Thank you

• atl4141
    atl4141
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it runs, but even on OS X Mavericks 1Password for MAC still requires a third party like Dropbox for cloud type syncing. iCloud support may appear in a future iPassword 4 for MAC release. At WWDC 2013 Apple announced password management functionality will be built in to OS X Mavericks which does use iCloud. So while 1Password 3.8 and 3.9 will run on OS X Mavericks it still can't use iCloud for syncing. Hope this helps.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yeshwillis, please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Swedson
    Swedson
    Community Member
    Options

I am having problem with both Safari and Chrome in OSX 10.9. In safari extension I get the "Problem with database" error and in Chrome the extension works only with a site without any login requirements and as soon as I load a site with login fields, 1Password extension don't open fully. It just blinks and shows only a small bit of the window.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Swedson, please email us a Diagnostics Report as requested from the other user in my post directly above yours.

Thanks!

• Swedson
    Swedson
    Community Member
    Options

I tired to create a report but it doesn't create any even after 30 minutes. I will try to do it in the morning. It's 0130hrs here. I gotta sleep. Thanks for the quick response anyway.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Try resetting folder permissions from that same Help > Troubleshooting menu and then give it another go.

If you're still having trouble, let's try generating the report a different way. Using your browser, please download a small standalone tool from our site to run a network copy of the Diagnostics Report procedure:

http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use the Finder (or Spotlight) to locate 1Password_diagnostics in your browser’s download folder. If the located file name ends with “.zip”, the browser has not already expanded the downloaded archive so please double-click it to force it to be expanded.

The expanded download result you are looking for will be a Unix Executable File (as reported in the Finder’s “Kind” column when in list view) named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking that file will cause a Terminal window to appear, automatically downloading the latest (possibly unreleased) copy of the 1Password Diagnostics Report tool and will run it for you.

Hopefully it will show you instructions at the end on how to save the resulting Diagnostics Report from your web browser so that it can be attached to an email message to us.

Any output seen in the Terminal window may help to determine additional problems with permissions on your system that could impact 1Password. Please copy the entire output (easy way: Command-A, followed by Command-C) and paste it into a response for us to look at.

• Swedson
    Swedson
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

I sent the diagnose report created as you have mentioned above. I also sent the output from the Terminal. I am pasting it below as well.

[snipped Terminal output]

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

Thanks, @Swedson! I removed the Terminal output from this forum thread, but we still have it via email. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so we aren't duplicating efforts.

QIE-11468-793

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome browser extension is problematic in Maverick (Chrome 27.0.1453.116). Just sharing :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Paco, could you please email us with details so we can follow up? support@ agilebits .com

• LATBauerdick
    LATBauerdick
    Community Member
    Options

I do have problems using 1password on Mavericks DP2.

When editing a secure note, when clicking the "edit" button and after clicking in the edit field the edit area tuns completely black. Typing works (but only "blind" with black font on black background), and when pressing the save button the new contents gets saved.

• LATBauerdick
    LATBauerdick
    Community Member
    Options

one more observation: this happens only for notes that require "scrolling", that is, the note is longer than the window size.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @LATBauerdick. I'll make sure the developers receive your feedback. Please be sure to read our blog post about OS X Mavericks:

On 1Password, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks

• Alekos Marinos
    Alekos Marinos
    Community Member
    Options

i just mailed also the diagnostic report - hope you guys could help me ;-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, Orinoco! You should receive a reply soon if you haven't already. :)

• yeshwillis
    yeshwillis
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to comment again and say that I ended up taking a copy of an old database from my timemachine backup and manually cleared everything from it to give me that "blank database" I was originally going for and 1Password has been working fine for me on OS X 10.9 DP ever sense. I saw in an earlier post that it looks like the "setup new" has either been fixed or is in the process so thats great.

Just wanted to say thank you for the support and look forward to the release of iPassword 4 for OSX :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for following up, @yeshwillis. I am excited for 1Password 4 as well. :D

• eseifert
    eseifert
    Community Member
    Options

I too am unable to create a new database with 1Password (Mac App Store version) in Mavericks using the latest preview. Application simply closes. I do not have a previous database to use, so right now I'm unable to use the application. Is there a workaround or should I wait for an update?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, @eseifert. Have you emailed us a Diagnostics Report yet as requested above? That will allow us to better assist you.

Please do keep in mind, though, that you are using an unstable prerelease version of your operating system. There is always the possibility of bugs in it. We will do what we can to help, however, once we see your Diagnostics Report. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.