1Password 3 for iOS, DropBox sync: Can I sync with WiFi & DropBox?

iynque
iynque
Community Member

First, the post announcing the change says to check if you have version 3 by comparing two pictures with the icon on your home screen. If it matches either one, it's supposed to be version 3. If not, it's not version 3. I have version 3 (I checked the about screen: 3.7.2 Pro), but my icon doesn't look like either of the two shown; there is no red ribbon with "Pro" on it. I think that was the icon displayed in the AppStore, but it's not the icon on my home screen. Maybe fix that or just tell people More > Settings > About instead ;)

Second, I have a Mac with 1P installed, my iPhone with the 1P app, and I also have Windows on my Mac without 1P installed (I didn't want to buy it a third time). Up to now, I have been using DropBox to access my 1Password data via a browser when I boot into Windows. If I change my phone over to WiFi syncing, will my Mac have to be exclusively WiFi syncing as well? OR, can I sync my Mac with my phone via WiFi and still sync DropBox too (to use on Windows), all at the same time?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Due to the change that Dropbox made, 1Password 3 for iOS will not be able to sync via Dropbox at all after September 1. You can still sync via Wi-Fi with 1Password for Mac, but 1Password for Windows can only sync via Dropbox. That puts you in a bit of a pickle. We think that the version of 1Password for iOS that we introduced back in December 2012 (completely unrelated to this change that Dropbox only recently made) is pretty awesome. We spent a lot of time working on it, and it has hundreds of new features. If you upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS, you won't have anything to worry about.

If we can be of further assistance, please shoot us an email. There are ways in which we can help via email that we can't employ on a public forum like this: support@ agilebits .com :)

We are here to make this as easy as possible for you.

This discussion has been closed.