Problem with Autofill

Sunshine
Sunshine
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

first, sorry for my bad English ;)

I use 1Password for Windows in Version 1.0.9.333.
I want fill my username and password in the steam client with the autofill feature.

As an example, my username is "Sunshine" and my Password is "123456789"

Now when i take the Autofill Feature, it fills username "nshine" and as Password "456789"

The first Symbols vanish.
My OS is Windows 8

I try KeePass. There i can fill my Websites, Programs and many, many more ... without issues.

But i like the Interface und the Features from 1Password :)
is a improvement for fill Programs planned ?

Best regards
Sunshine

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your kind words, @Sunshine. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I can't seem to reproduce this. What happens when you use Auto-Type in Notepad instead? Are all the characters there in Notepad?

• Sunshine
    Sunshine
    Community Member

Hello khad,

thanks for your reply.

In Notepad the Auto-Type works!

Strange, i will wait for Windows 8.1, then i install my PC and the Steam Client new.
    I report if it works after reinstalling.

Have you a answer for my second Question?

regards Sunshine

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like a problem with the Steam client if it is working in Notepad. Do you have the problem with Auto-Type in any other applications?

is a improvement for fill Programs planned ?

We don't normally discuss future plans, but I don't know of anything specific planned for Auto-Type. Aside from a possible problem that Steam may have, could you let me know what else you are looking for?

Thanks!

• Sunshine
    Sunshine
    Community Member

Good News, after the new installation it works.
    Thanks.

I look for a simpler Login Process. Start Steam -> press Shortcut -> enter Master Password -> finish

regards Sunshine

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. I'll pass your feedback along to the developers. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.