Custom fields in iPad version do not sync to Mac

Hi,

I have 1Password on both my Mac and iPad/iPhone synched through DropBox.

I have a Login in which I added some custom fields on my iPad. I added these so that I could track the security questions (mother's maiden name, etc).

These custom fields sync over to my iPhone no problem.

BUT they do not show on my Mac version.

Any idea if this is normal behavior for 1Password?

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2013

Hi @9sTa5jLm,

The custom fields and sections are exclusive to 1Password 4, which means it won't show up in 1Password 3 for Mac. We'll be releasing 1Password 4 for Mac later this year that'll support almost all the features of 1Password 4 for iOS. If you like, you can sign up to be in the beta team here:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/newsletter

• AndreGB
    AndreGB
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

Well, I don't like the "almost all the features". I really like 1Password on iOS, but I use it mainly to remind me of my passwords. I would love to have a password "autocompleter" on my Mac, specially because it would allow me to create those crazy secure passwords. But I am still not sure how these custom fields would sync when the version 4 for Mac comes out.

You do know you'll have a fierce competition with Apple itself later this year, right? As I said earlier, I truly love 1Password on iOS and I am entirely open to stay faithful to you guys, but I need the custom fields to sync properly between Macs and iOS. I know the Mac App Store customers will get an upgrade to version 4 for free, but until then I am still holding back my purchase.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I would love to have a password "autocompleter" on my Mac…

Do you mean something other than the browser extensions that allow you to fill password automatically by either selecting from the list or pressing ⌘\ on your keyboard? If so, please let me know.

I need the custom fields to sync properly between Macs and iOS.

They are a v4 feature. Available now on iOS. Mac soon. :)

• AndreGB
    AndreGB
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply, Khad. I am sorry, I was talking about the desktop app, not just the extension. I really love the fact I can store anything in there, like Credit Cards, passwords and any generic information (like licenses and notes). I use them a lot, not just for autocompleting but also to use as storage for all sorts of information. That is why I use custom fields a lot. 1Password 4 for iOS does all this at the same time, autocompletion and information storage. If the new version 4 for Macs have the same functionality AND if they could sync to the iOS app it would be perfect. That is really all I was trying to say. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I think you will like a lot of what we have done for v4. I can't say too much just yet, but please stay tuned. :)

• AndreGB
    AndreGB
    Community Member

I certainly will, Khad. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is my pleasure to help. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.