How To: Download a previously purchased copy of 1Password 3 from the App Store on an iOS device

LakeDaisy
LakeDaisy
Community Member
edited August 2013 in iOS

I had the older version of password on my iphones and iPad. I upgraded to the current version of 1Password from iTunes. I deleted 1Password from my ipad to install the new version. Received an error that my iOS is too old to load the current version on my iPad. I can't update the iOS my original iiPad as it is now obsolete. I can't reload to old version of 1Password as it has been deleted. Can you possibly send me the older version of 1Password for my iPad?

Comments

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member

Please disregard. Remembered I could restore from TimeMachine - which I did.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted it out, @LakeDaisy. Just in case you (or anyone else coming across this in the future) needs to download 1Password 3 for iOS in the future, you can do so at any time directly from your device. From the FAQ:

I can’t find 1Password 3 for my older iOS devices, how do I download it?

Customers who bought 1Password 3 in the past would be able to re-download 1Password 3 for free without any time restrictions. All of your previous purchases will remain in the Purchases section of your App Store app.

On the iPad, you can find 1Password 3 under P in the App Store if you sort it by names. If you bought 1Password 3 for iPhone, you need to tap on the iPhone Apps on top left to find 1Password.

On the iPhones, you will not see 1Password 3 for iPad since it cannot be installed on the iPhone.

Note that the search field in the Purchases section is for the App Store only, it will not search the Purchases list and since 1Password 3 is not available in the App Store, you won’t be able to locate 1Password like that.

At the moment, new customers will not be able to purchase 1Password 3 for the older device.

• jamesawoloszyn
    jamesawoloszyn
    Community Member

HI Folks - I am an avid user of your software on all devices I own - Iphone, Ipad, PC, MaC. My iPad 1 has gone through a factory reset and I have lost my earlier version of 1Password. I cannot download the new version due to it being IOS 5.1.1. I have followed your instructions but cannot find previous versions in my history of purchases, I can only locate the latest version in the store (and in my list of previous purchases). I first started using your tools about 3 years ago, so I have no idea why I cannot find previous Ipad versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like my iPad is a paperweight without have 1Password on it.

James Woloszyn

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@jamesawoloszyn,

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in the "P" section of your Purchases list on the App Store?

On your iPad, you can take a screenshot by pressing the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your camera roll.

You can then upload the screenshot to any image hosting service — I prefer Skitch myself — and then link to it in your reply. Or, if it's easier for you, you can email it to us at support@ agilebits .com

Thanks!

• jamesawoloszyn
    jamesawoloszyn
    Community Member

Hi Khad,

Thanks for the response. I just sent the screenshot to the email address. I had a thought last night - I used to be connected to the Canadian Itunes store before i moved to the US. I wonder if I purchased it from the the Canadian store? Is there a way to connect back to that store to download the purchase (if in fact this is the reason)?

Look forward to hearing from you,

James

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

I used to be connected to the Canadian Itunes store before i moved to the US.

That could very well have something to do with it, but I see another problem from your screenshot. Confusingly, that search box is actually searching the App Store not your Purchases list. Try clearing that search box and using the tab index on the side to select "P" instead. If you only bought the iPhone version of 1Password 3, you'll need to select that option as well.

Let me know if that helps.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Of course, I don't think that index is available in iOS 5. D'oh! Silly me. But please try clearing that search box and scrolling through the list to find it. It's tedious, but you don't have to do it more than once per installation.

• jamesawoloszyn
    jamesawoloszyn
    Community Member

Unfortunately no luck. only the latest version is available when I clear the search box and scroll through all purchases. I am at a loss at this point.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It certainly couldn't hurt to switch stores (back to the Canadian iTunes App Store) and try again.

Sign in to the account for the iTunes Store region you'd like to use. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID: > View Apple ID > Country/Region.

• jamesawoloszyn
    jamesawoloszyn
    Community Member

Khad,

After connecting back to the Canadian store, I found my purchased version and managed to redownload it. Thank you for all of your help.

James

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• lanceharvie
    lanceharvie
    Community Member

Hi, I have 2 iPads and 1 mini iPad. I have version 3 on my iPads and want to install version 3 on my mini iPad. In the apps store on my mini iPad I see 1password in the purchased section but when I click the cloud icon to download it - the download process starts with the circle icon but finishes without the download completing.

Am I missing something?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

My guess is that the App Store is just overloaded lately due to iOS 7. Try again in a day or so. It will almost certainly work itself out. If it doesn't, you may need to contact Apple as we don't have any control over the App Store itself.

This discussion has been closed.