Trouble with godaddy.com Login

lwmcmahon
lwmcmahon
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I noticed that there has been some discussion about Godaddy. Is there a solution?

Regards,
Larry

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lwmcmahon,

I'm not aware of any discussion about GoDaddy as it relates to 1Password. It is working very well in all of our testing.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually just like I showed you in the other thread you started about WordPress:

1. Visit the site's login page: http://www.godaddy.com/
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

http://www.godaddy.com/

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Hi,

So I go to godaddy,com in Chrome
    click on the button to "login to my account"
    use 1P to fill in the form
    then I press login and I'm good.

In IE10 I add a new tab
    I open 1P and "Go and Fill login" does not respond. A new issue.

In IE I add a new tab
    manually enter the godaddy url (I don' do this with other logins)
    click on the button to "login to my account"
    use 1P to fill in the form
    Oops it has changed the form to select I'm a new user wanting to register
    I make the proper selection
    I'm logged In

Hmmm, now "Go and Fill" is just busted in IE10. I need end this session a try bringing reupping IE10.

Going back to Chrome, I can't just select the gogaddy login and have it work like all the others.

I call this busted.

Regards,
    Larry

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

OK, so my IE10 is back and working.

I can login to godaddy, but 1P does not handle it like any of the other logins and with IE I need to change the radio button to select login to an existing account. In need to go to the godaddy site and select login to get the form and it works.

BTW, some times on new tabs in IE10 the Tools menu does not list 1P. Not sure yet how to recreate this.

Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

OK, so my IE10 is back and working.

Great news! Thanks for letting me know. :)

…with IE I need to change the radio button to select login to an existing account.

If the problem only exists in Internet Explorer, then it would seem that it is a problem with Internet Explorer rather than 1Password. Don't you think?

BTW, some times on new tabs in IE10 the Tools menu does not list 1P. Not sure yet how to recreate this.

Please do start another thread for that issue when you have some more details. We'd love to look into it if you can find reproducible steps.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

then it would seem that it is a problem with Internet Explorer rather than 1Password. Don't you think?

I suppose changing the radio button could be a problem with IE10 rather than 1P. Did I fail to mention there are problems with the other browsers too?

Ah now I get it, with the other browsers Godaddy presents a highlighted area with red triangle warning with an "!" in the triangle. There is no warning text presented to give one an idea of what it does not like. The Radio button is not altered. All I need to do is press the X in the warning area to remove it and then press login and I can get in.

So I can either change the radio button or X out a warning depending on the browser. This must be a problem with Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

What maybe happening is that the browsers are reacting differently to what Godaddy is presenting.

At least I can login.

Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

I'm not able to reproduce any trouble in Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Did you save a new Login item as I described above?

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Yes, w/o that process it did not work at all.
    When I get time I will retry from scratch.
    Thanks, Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please let me know if you're still having trouble. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.