1Password appears empty

rmay0001
rmay0001
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi - I have the desktop (and ios versions) of 1Password for Mac (ver 3.9.6). Syncing is handled via dropbox. When I opened the desktop version this morning it was completely blank. All passwords, secure notes, accounts...everything was gone. Please help.

Comments

• HerrWatt
    HerrWatt
    Community Member

Same thing happened to me. 1P v 3..9.6 on Mac running 10.8.4, Safari 6.0.5; iOS 6.1.3, running 1P 4.2.5. Syncing with DropBox. Items entered in iOS are blank on Mac; items entered on Mac are blank on iOS.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

In rare cases the 1Password vault may appear empty when you open it. Try each of the following steps to restore the visibility of the data (it should still be present, only hidden) one at a time to see if it resolves the issue:

1. Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache
    2. Then try Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File
    3. Next, quit and relaunch 1Password
    4. Finally, restart your Mac

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.