iPhone 5S - Crash/Low Memory/Rogue Process/Data Loss

Options
sovanbu
sovanbu
Community Member
edited September 2013 in iOS

First of all let me say I cannot guarantee without a doubt 1Password 4 caused this crash. Let me explain...

Last night I was using 1Password on my new iPhone 5S and the app crashed a couple times, ok no big deal just reopen it. Well upon opening it again my phone rebooted by itself. Ok, normally thats just springboard rebooting. The phone reboots and I unlock my phone. Then ALL my apps, music, everything was gone. Everything except first party apps by Apple and iCloud stuff. I called Apple Care Support to report a bug or ask if anyone else had experienced this issue. They had me send them my diagnostic information and upon inspection you could see various crashes from 1Password. Even today, after a fresh install and using 1Password there are multiple crashes.

I wanted to report this to you all and if there is anything I can provide to you let me know. I hope the crashes can be fixed and hopefully the system "kernel panic" doesn't happen to other users resulting in data loss like I experienced.

Again, Apple Care and I after looking at the diagnostic logs could not say 100% 1Password caused this, cause I'm sure its a bug with iOS 7.0.1 and 1Password but I wanted to at least post here and hopefully have someone take a look at it.

EDIT: I have multiple crash logs from today. I can PM them to a dev or post here, wasn't sure if they contained sensitive data about me personally so I wanted to wait.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sovanbu,

Thanks so much for letting us know about this issue. We'd love to see those logs, but you're right! You don't want to post those in a public forum. Please email them to support@agilebits.com and reference this discussion in your email so we can take a peek.

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha, I just sent the email.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion. We'll keep this thread open here, though, in case anyone else needs to report something similar.

• gthomasc
    gthomasc
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening,

I also been having almost an identical issue on my new iPhone 5s. Crashing 1Password and the brief restarting of my iPhone. I've also been talking with Apple. They hoped the last OS update would resolve my issue. I Love my 1password. Please let know what you may have found out already. Or what I can do to help.

Thanks, Gary

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member
    Options

hey @gthomasc, I haven't experienced the "data loss" issue since this occurrence. Although reviewing the crash logs there are still comparability issues with iOS 7 and 1Password. I've found if I close the app, and don't allow it to run in the background, I see a lot less crashes. There's something about the "run time".

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble as well, @gthomasc. Please email us your diagnostics so we better assist you: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

If possible, please include a link to this thread so we can connect the dots when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

Thanks!

• gthomasc
    gthomasc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi khad, sovanbu, thanks for your responses. khad, each time my system crashed it came up with send a report to the app developer and I sent the report. Since then I have deleted the app and added it back as that is what I was told by Apple. sovanbu I have not lost any data ether, I just do not like seeing my new phone freeze and reboot. This app is not listed in the Background App Refresh. Also I have not had any issues with this happening on my iPad 2 with iOS7 and 1Password.

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @gthomasc, the crash logs should still be present in your iPhone's settings. Since you reinstalled the App. Just goto your iPhone's Settings>General>ABout>Diagnostics & Usage>Diagnostic & Usage Data. Then click on each report that starts with "1Password" then copy and paste them into an email.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, @gthomasc, please email us your crash reports as @sovanbu described as well as the diagnostics I requests earlier so we can follow up with you via email. There is only so much we can do here on this public forum without seeing those things.

Thanks so much! I'm sure we'll get things squared away.

This discussion has been closed.