Unlinked Dropbox

Hello,

I setup 1Password to use dropbox to sync between macs at home, work and my iphone. I unlinked my personal dropbox at work (and deleted the folder) because I needed to use a different dropbox for work, so now when I launch 1Password it asks me to point it to the file. This makes perfect sense since the file is no longer there. However, the browser extension (on Chrome) is still working and saving passwords, but obviously these are not being synced. What I cannot figure out is where is it saving the passwords? Does it default back to another location when I unlinked dropbox? I searched through finder and nothing came up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kitzzy

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yzztik,

There is a local database built-in to the extension that can temporarily store unsynced logins. These end up in the browser's cache file. So, clearing the cache, or removing the extension will delete these items entirely. If you need to get these items out of your extension and synced with your main database, we'd love to help. Please send us a Diagnostic Report so we can see a bit more about these unsynced itms.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we'll be able to give you instructions on how to get those items synced up. Thanks in advance!

• yzztik
    yzztik
    Community Member

Thanks so much! I just sent the email.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

@yzztik,

Thanks for letting us know- we'll follow up via email so that things don't get muddled and confused here :)

This discussion has been closed.